Jurassic Park (1993)
First digital face replacement, first photorealistic CGI dinosaurs
4K HDR video
1) ILM studio created elements such as digital face replacement for Ariana Richards stunt double (watch on video at 0:37 min) and water splashing.
2) 3D CGI dinosaurs were integrated with life-sized animatronic counterparts. The CGI animals were created by ILM, and in a test scene to make a direct comparison of both techniques, Spielberg chose the CGI. Watching this George Lucas remarked "a major gap had been crossed, and things were never going to be the same".
3) Jurassic Park notably featured flocking, and brought it to widespread attention by mentioning it in the actual script. (watch Batman Returns (1992) for more flocking).
3) Directed by Steven Spielberg.
5) Rereleased in 2013 in stereoscopic 3D.
6) Movie "The Running man" (1987) predicts digital face replacement (in the scene of Arnold character death in the cage).