Terminator 2 (1991)
Advanced photorealistic morphing, advanced combination of live action and CGI, advanced CGI liquid metal animation, advanced realistic human movements of CGI character (running T-1000)
4K HDR video
1) Directed by Janes Cameron (The Abyss).
2) The liquid metal CGI effects of the T-1000 were rendered on a Silicon Graphics IRIS Indigo workstation.
3) According to James Cameron, there are only 42 CGI shots used in " Terminator 2: Judgment Day ".
4) Industrial Light and Magic's computer graphics department had to grow from six artists to almost thirty-six to accommodate all the work required to bring the T-1000 to life, costing $5.5 million, and taking eight months to produce, which ultimately amounted to 3.5 minutes of screen time.
5) Rereleased in 2017 in stereoscopic 3D (which means that it's the oldest full length film with polygonal computer graphics in stereoscopic 3D) (Watch Hypercube for more).