Terminator Genisys (2015)
Advanced photorealistic CGI human animation
4K HDR video
CGI making of video
1) The Cyberdyne Systems headquarters is actually the Oracle Corporation campus in Redwood Shores California, with some CGI embellishment. You can see the 500 number in the lobby window when they enter, this is 500 Oracle Parkway. This movie's producers David Ellison and Megan Ellison are children of Oracle founder Larry Ellison. However, they are not related to Harlan Ellison whose name is credited in The Terminator (1984).
2) Due to Arnold Schwarzenegger's age, it was decided, instead of using CGI to make Schwarzenegger look 30 years younger, that it should be written into the screenplay that the living human tissue that is generated and grown on the Terminator androids, giving them their human forms, they can age like normal humans - in result the Terminator in this film is older and has gray hair.
3) The title "Genisys" refers to "SYS", a computer term referring to the "System" or critical files that the system depends on to function properly, as well as "genesis", a beginning or start (in context, the core of the story hinges on time-travel to where the war begins).
4) MPC's most elaborate effect was the digital recreation of the original Terminator, which required 12 months for 35 shots (completed 30 minutes before the final print was submitted to the studio). Performance capture was used only for facial animation, since Schwarzenegger was scanned reading his lines. The studio's artists studied archive footage of the actor, focusing mainly on The Terminator and Pumping Iron, and were given a 1984 plaster cast of him. On set, the fight between both Terminators had Schwarzenegger and Brett Azar (a bodybuilder chosen for his resemblance to the actor in 1984).
5) Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) plays the role of Sarah Connor.