The Crow (1994) (made in 1993)
First dead actor recreated with help of CGI
Video (HD 1080p)
1) First CGI recreated dead actor (Brandon Lee, who was accidentally shot on set) (face of Lee digitally put on body double, footage of Lee inserted in the film other backgrounds)
2) Draven (Brandon Lee) first enters the apartment after digging himself out of his grave: footage of Brandon Lee walking through an alley in the rain was digitally composited into the scene where he walks through the doorway. Computer technology added drops of water to the door frame to make the water on his back not seem out of place.
3) The shot of Draven falling from the window was made by digitally compositing Lee's face (complete with simulated blood) onto a body double.
4) The scene where Draven puts on his make-up was filmed using a double. The face in the smashed mirror was Lee's computer-altered face to fit the shards. The image of Draven walking towards the window with the crow on his shoulder was a double with Lee's face added during lightning flashes.
5) First digital face replacement was in Jurassic Park (1993).